Friday, April 2, 2010

April Reviews

Rising Battenberg Dress
A flush of pink begins its fiery ascent from the scalloped, embroidered hemline of this lace-inset charmeuse dress, as a fawn-hued lining peeks through the openwork. By Anna Sui for Anthropologie.







I will be honest. I did not like this dress on the website. It was not something that I was attracted to at all. However, I recently went to Anthropologie and I was drawn to this dress as soon as I saw it hanging on the rack. The dress is made of silk and it is lovely in person. The details are amazing. It ran a little big. I am usually a 6 but took a 4 in this dress. I fell in love with the dress and plan on taking it on my cruise later this month. I just need to find shoes to go with it!

I purchased the below headband from Anthro to go with this dress:



Cattleya Cardi
A floral applique, abundant with photo-printed petals, lends and a bit of femme flair to bold geometric stripes. By Yellow Bird.



This new sweater comes in green and purple. I was originally drawn to the purple. However, they did not have my size in the purple so I tried on the green. I ended up really liking the green and it came home with me. I usually take a small or medium sweaters. I fell this one ran on the larger size so I took the small.

Mystery Top (By Ruffian....I think)



This mystery top was at the Atlanta Anthro and it looked quite nice so I gave it a try. It has great details. However, the sleeves are too puffy for my liking. Otherwise, it is a nice top.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my GOD, I love this dress even more now! The details are amazing!!! How tall are you? I'm trying to figure out where this would hit me on my leg. Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Hi! I'm about 5'4. I was shocked that our store already received the dress. I hope that you get to try it on soon! I have a feeling you'll love it even more in person!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's up with NYC not receiving this dress yet???? I must have this. Any ideas as to what type of heels you will pair with it?

Normally I take a 2 in Anthro dresses, but you say it runs big? I may have to size down on this.

Stephanie said...

I think it runs a little big - but I have been losing weight so sometimes it is hard to tell if it is me or the dress. I will say that I wear a six in the Horizon Line Dress but took a 4 in this.

I went shopping for shoes today to try to find something similar to the color at the bottom of the dress. No luck...so I decided to go with a nude shoe instead. I bought these today DSW in the beige color: http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=3&sort=&category=&prodId=dsw11prod420023&brand=300183

Pamela said...

I love the dress but the sweater is probably something I have a definate place for in the closet. So cute! I need a couple short sleeve sweaters.

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

The Cattleya cardi is very nice and looks great on you. Thanks for the reviews!

Jan Russell said...

I just found your blog and I'm love, loving all the wonderful reviews - especially those two blazers in an older post, I've been tempted by both!

This dress is beautiful on you!

SRP said...

GAH! I am dying for this dress and seeing it on you makes me want it even more- you look A-may-zing!!

IrisDolls said...

Wow this dress looks amazing on you! emmmm maybe I should give it a try as well...or just wait a looooooooooong time to see when it goes on sale...

Post a Comment