Saturday, September 4, 2010

September Reviews

Fall is my favorite time of the year and I'm just thrilled with all of the beautiful creations that Anthro is releasing for the fall and winter. I want just about all of the sweaters and jackets!

Here is my first of reviews for the fall.

Ruffled Plaid Dress

Spiffed up with an asymmetrical ruffle and an ivory bud, your granny's tartan frock has been transformed into a creation for the modern gal without losing its magical sense of nostalgia. By Floreat.



I couldn't wait to try this dress on after I fell in love with it online. The dress is just as beautiful in person. Sadly, the store did not have my usual size 6 so I tried on the 8. The dress fit very well in most places. However, the arm-holes were way too big for my liking. I might consider this on sale, but not full price due the issue with the arm-holes.

Dried Leaves Dress
As autumn turns, trees shed their leaves along the neckline of delicately seamed boiled wool. By Girls from Savoy.



This style dress is not one that I would traditionally gravitate to. However, I saw the review on the In Pursuit of Pretty things blog and I fell in love. One of the bloggers from that page paired the dress with a white collared shirt and it looks so darling. I didn't have a white collared shirt with me at the time of this photo, but I tried to make do with another top. I took a medium in this dress and the fit was quite comfortable. I bought this dress and can't wait to pair it with a white colloared shirt, cute tights and Mary-Jane shoes in the winter!

Sugar-Coated Shirt Dress

A sprinkling of candied treats tops Edme & Esyllte's crisp cotton frock, sweetening each fold from the collared neckline to the A-line skirt. Roll the sleeves up to show a cherry-red lining, or leave them loose to tie at the elbow.



I want to love this dress. I really do. Sadly, I don't think my wanting to love the dress will cause me to truly love it. I love the idea of the drses and I even like the fit of the size 6. However, I can't get over the idea that this dress reminds me of Little House on the Prairie or a sad frumpy dress from the 40's that secretly yearns to be a bright and vibrant dress. Oh well.

Garment District Blazer

A daring detail in the midst of proper plaid, the feather on the lapel of Elevenses' blazer adds some twist to traditional tailoring.



I'm a girl who loves (LOVES) jackets and coats. This one caught me eye online and I was so excited to see it in my store. I love the plaid and the small details that really make this jacket (the feather, ruffles, etc). I found the fit to run a bit small so I sized up to an 8. The 8 fit comfortably with a little room to spair. Wish-listed!

Oxer Jacket

Lithe ruffles jump from one side to the other on Tabitha's tweed topper, nimbly scaling a pair of front flap pockets.



Have I mentioned that I love jackets? This jacket is darling with the ruffle details. It is a light-weight jacket and will be perfect for fall and the light Georgia winter. I took my usual size 6 in this jacket.

Boucle De Souffle Jacket

With a slightly nubby texture, this cropped silhouette curves into a well-tailored coat topped with a treat of frill. By Elevenses.



Yes, this is yet another jacket review. I love this sweet jacket. It has amazing details and a fun lining on the inside. This jacket runs a bit big so I took this in a size 4. I adored this jacket and it came home with me. I purchased this in the ivory color as I felt that this color showed the details off and the ivory is very rich looking. I can't wait to pair it with a black tank underneath, black pants...and perhaps some fun red shoes for a pop of color.

Here is my current fall wish list (that is way too long!):
-Garment District Blazer
-Redux Jacket
-Cream Confection Jacket
-Alice in Autom Sweatercoat
-Coin Purse Cardigan
-Summer's Reminder Cardigan
-Slow and Steady Cardigan
-Herringbone Sweater Jacket

0 comments:

Post a Comment